I was introduced to no bake snowball cookies on my first date with my husband.
I’ve been in love with both the man and the cookies ever since!
Thankfully, the cookie genius behind these snowball cookies attached a recipe card to her plate of cookies at that memorable cookie get-together.
I’ll be honest with you. I’ve declared my undying loyalties to these cookies, yet this is the first time I’ve made them.
My friend is so dependable to stir up a batch of these yummy snowball cookies for each and every church event that I’ve never found the need to make them myself.
Of course, I could have just snapped a few photos of her incredibly perfect specimens of snowball cookies, but what’s the fun in that? Better to make a few dozen myself, and then devour them like it’s nobody’s business.
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter or margarine
- ½ c. milk
- 6 T. baking cocoa
- 1½ c. sugar
- 1 c. shredded coconut plus more for rolling
- 3 c. oats (quick, rolled, or steel-cut)
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add milk, cocoa, and sugar. Combine and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and oats. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- With moistened hands, form small 1" balls and roll in coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tell me: What are your favorite Christmas cookies? Leave a link in the comments. We’d love to check them out.
Fill up your Christmas cookie platter with these tasty additions!