Gobs of dreamy, fluffy, peanut butter frosting make any cupcake
sing yodel, it’s that good. It’s my absolute favorite frosting recipe, hands down, and if you’ve ever tried my chocolate cupcakes recipe, you’ve already been introduced.Since summer is in full-swing, time is of the essence. It’s the seize-the-day season, and you’ve got a full-schedule of Little League games, pool dates, and walks in the part to fit in, so I’ll cut to the chase.
If you like peanut butter, you’ve just met your go-to easy peanut butter frosting recipe. As in, you’ll never need another frosting recipe again.
Baking strawberry cupcakes? Pipe some beautiful peanut butter frosting spirals on top and call them peanut butter and jelly cupcakes. You’re so clever!
Bake the best vegan chocolate cupcakes and dollop on peanut butter frosting, add a Reese Cup garnish, and voila: Reese Cupcakes. See, you’re getting the hang of this!
Spread a heavy-handed “hat” of peanut butter frosting on graham crackers, top with toasted marshmallows, a Hershey bar, and the final graham, and wowzers, you’ve just made s’mores history!
So many options! And still I’m in heaven just licking the beaters.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup heavy cream (can be chilled or at room temperature)
- Optional toppings: chooped peanuts, colored jimmies, Reese Cups, malted milk balls, dried banana chips
- Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt and whip until smooth and light, about 2 -3 minutes.
- Add cream and whip on high until fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Pipe onto cupcakes. (Here's the decorating tip and decorating bags I used.)
- * If frosting seems too soft to pipe, spoon it into your decorating bag and pop it into the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Frosted cupcake may be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- If frosting is too soft for piping, refrigerate it 20 minutes until it stiffens a bit.
- This frosting recipe makes enough to top 24 cupcakes
- I used these Wilton decorating bags
- This is the piping tip I used.
What frosting recipe would you like to see next? Please leave a comment below and I’ll put it on the list!