Send your kids back to school with the best snack ever, chewy sweet tart no-bake white chocolate cherry granola bars! What’s so special about these homemade granola bars?
They taste like Rice Krispies treats!
Ever wonder how to make granola bars? This no bake granola bar recipe is chewy and irresistible because it combines lots of butter and brown sugar, boiled on the stove top for just a couple of minutes and then stirred into a hearty combination of oats, Rice Krispies cereal, coconut flakes, dried cherries and white chocolate chips.
Boiled butter and brown sugar tastes like homemade caramels. YUM!
That’s what makes this granola bar recipe absolutely my favorite ever. And I’ve made lots of granola bars.
Each granola bar is packed with chewy cherry bits, sweet vanilla white chocolate chip chunks, and the caramel flavor that sends me right over the edge… of the pan to grab another granola bar!
BONUS: You can put these no bake homemade granola bars together in less than five minutes! I recently made these for 100 people and it took less than 30 minutes. So super simple. So totally worth it.
Pack these in your kids lunch boxes. Pack these granola bars in your purse. In your briefcase. In your diaper bag. In your mouth!!
- 2 cups oatmeal (quick or rolled)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Combine oats, cereal, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Once butter is melted add brown sugar, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to combine. Toss in chips and cherries to combine and then press the mixture firmly into prepared baking dish using dampened fingers.
- Chill 20 minutes and cut into bars.
Adapted from Made From Pinterest
Need more lunchbox favorites? Try these!