Last week, Husband was gone for what seemed like a quarter century, but was more like 8 days. (He surprised me by arriving home early!) He was doing good deeds while Summer Elizabeth and I enjoyed a quaint mommy & baby Christmas together.
Boy, was I glad when he got home! Here’s why I NEED my man.
- I just can’t budge at 5:00 a.m. when the baby wants her morning “rescue” from the crib. Cue Husband to play superhero daddy and save the little princess
- Taxis are too expensive, and believe it or not, there are a couple of places I deem too far to walk. Sweet chauffeur, I missed you!
- Eating sushi on New Year’s Eve by yourself is just plain awkward.
- I never realized how much he helps pick up around the house. One year-olds should come with maids. Sock here, crumbs everywhere, sippy cup hiding under the sofa 3 days…you get the gist.
- His hugs.
- Squirmy baby bathing is much, much easier with an extra set of hands.
- He heats up like an oven when he falls asleep. My cold, empty bed was not inviting.
- What fun is there if you don’t have somebody to share the day’s giggles with?
- An entire batch of addictive chocolate fudge sat in the fridge last week with only me to eat it. My body really could’ve done with another human to share the calories with.
- He’s got my heart.
So very glad you’re back, my love!