Craving ice cream with a pregnant vengeance, Husband hurredly strapped the baby onto his back and we strode directly to the supermarket in search of ice cream ingredient inspiration. Nearing the dairy fridge he gallantly spotted a BOGO deal on Bailey’s Hazelnut Creamer, and well…the rest is history.
- 1 c. Bailey's Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- 250 ml cream
- ½ c. milk
- pinch salt
- ¼-1/2 c. brown sugar, to taste
- 2 eggs
- Combine creamer, cream, milk, salt, and brown sugar and eggs in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat whisking constantly until mixture reaches a boil. Boil one minute or until the ice cream base thickens up a bit.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Churn according to your ice cream maker's instructions and enjoy!
This smooth creamy ice cream gives me all the confidence in the world that any flavor of Bailey’s coffee creamer will make an outstanding ice cream base. You’d better believe that we’ll be stalking the supermarket for more BOGO deals and stocking up the freezer with ice cream this summer!