Ice cream mounds coated in cookie bits are a simple, yet fabulous way to woo your dinner guests. They’ll think you’ve emerged fresh from the 1950s, a hostess refining every glittering detail. A strand of pearls, vintage dress, and heels are your choice, of course, but you might just be tempted to don the full attire when serving up these delicious two-minute cookie coated ice cream mounds.
All you need are a blender, cookies, and ice cream on hand, to have dessert prepped and ready in no time! I saw Jamie Oliver whip up this scrumptious dinner including similarly coated ice cream balls and was thoroughly inspired. I’ve further simplified the dessert to make it even faster and less-fuss than Jamie’s version.
- 6 cookies of any variety, or enough to make about 1 cup of crumbs
- 2 c. ice cream flavor of choice I used chocolate
- Blitz cookies in a food processor until they form crumbs. Pour crumbs into a cereal bowl.
- Scoop ice cream into round balls. Drop each ball into cookie crumbs and roll around in crumbs to coat.
- Place finished cookie coated ice cream mounds on a plate and freeze until serving. Save extra cookie crumbs to serve alongside ice cream mounds.
- Ice cream mounds may also be made ahead of time and frozen in freezer-safe airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
What is your favorite quick fix dessert? Please share below in the comments.