Transport yourself to the breezy seaside in less than 5 minutes with this creamy, nutritious piña colada chia seed pudding! There’s something about springtime that always awakens my fruit cravings. Maybe it’s a hardcore yearning for summertime sunshine, or maybe it’s just the knowledge that eating pineapple as dessert rather than chocolate mint brownie cheesecake is a better option for looking sleek with swimsuit season just around the corner. By any means, this easy dessert recipe is sweet enough to satisfy my mouthful of sweet teeth and healthy enough to eat for breakfast. You can even make it a day ahead!
- 1 T. plus 1t. chia seeds
- 1 c. coconut milk
- ½ c. chopped pineapple
- 1-3 T. honey, to taste
- 3 T. dried, flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. rum or ⅛ tsp. rum extract (optional)
- Combine chia seeds and coconut milk in an airtight container. Stir and refrigerate overnight.
- Chop pineapple into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bottom of serving dish or stir into chilled chia pudding. Add honey to taste and spoon into serving dishes.
- Toast coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat. Be sure to jiggle the skillet or stir gently as coconut heats to keep it from burning. When it reaches a pale golden color, remove from skillet and set aside. Sprinkle on top of puddings. Dig in!
Hunting for more healthy dessert options? Check these out!