Craving chocolate Nutella swirled with tangy cream cheese ribbons jammed inside a flaky, buttery, pastry? Look no further! Nutella cheese pastries are the end-all to your search for quick, easy pastries that wow guests and get gobbled up in seconds.
My three year-old and I whipped these up in about 7 minutes, if you don’t consider that we made the pastry dough from this 15-minute puff pastry recipe. Okay, so that’s more like 22 minutes, but if you purchase frozen puff pastry dough in the grocer’s freezer, these flaky hazelnutty wonders will be prepped and into the oven in 7 minutes flat.
Short version of how to make Nutella Cheese Pastries:
- Stir Nutella and cream cheese together.
- Lick spoon.
- Roll out dough and cut into triangles (use a pizza wheel to make it easier!)
- Roll up and place on a baking sheet
- Cram into mouth
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. Nutella spread
- 1 egg, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Stir together Nutella and cream cheese. It's okay if you see swirls. It doesn't have to look perfect.
- Roll out dough to approximately an 18x6"rectangle and cut into 12 triangles. Slice a small notch in the wide base end of each triangle.
- Add 1 teaspoon Nutella cheese filling about ½" from the base edge of the pastry and roll up tightly from wide base toward the point
- (Optional) Beat egg and brush over croissants.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. May be stored in an airtight container and reheated in the oven.
If you love homemade pastries, you can’t miss these!
Oh my goodness, these look incredible! I found out a few months ago that I can eat Nutella (it changed my life) so these definitely just went to the top of my baking list! Thanks!
Yep, being able to eat Nutella is quite an event, eh? I love the stuff. It’s incredible how addicted the Italians are to it. Every single bakery has a case full of Nutellicious desserts that look incredible. Do yourself a favor and stay far away 😉 Thanks for stopping by, Chelsea.
Consider this pinned. I bet these are amazing! Yummy, with things like Nutella & cream cheese, how can it not be?! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for sharing, the pastries, Leslie! You’re right, it’s hard to go wrong with cream cheese and Nutella. In fact, my favorite cheesecake is a Nutella cheesecake which I just realized I’ve never blogged. Gotta get to it! Have a spectacular week.
Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom says
Oh no. This sounds too good. Jelli! *shaking fist at computer screen* I can’t make these… I will totally eat all of them!
Thanks for sharing. I’m pinning this to my Deliberate Desserts board.
Thanks so much for pinning, Jennifer. I’m tempted to make these again this week just because we have a big jar of Nutella in the pantry calling my name. Have a super week.
This is exactly what I’m craving! 🙂
Mmm! Hope you give it a whirl, Elyse!
This is my kind of recipe – quick tasty and with Nutella! Yum! Stopping by from the SITS party and following on Twitter.
So Yummy…Me and my husband ate this pastries in a Brazillian hotel once (GOOD MEMORIES). I´ll try to do now with this recipe…thank you!
Great. I love Nutella.
It’s the best! Hope you try these pastries, Lauryn.
Wow. Unfortunately I’m on a diet.