Tempting, luscious lemon semifreddo whips up in 5 minutes from only THREE ingredients! Stop missing out on homemade ice cream! If you thought that you could only make mouthwatering homemade ice cream recipes with an ice cream maker, think again. Once you’ve tried this quick semifreddo, you’ll be hooked!
If you’ve been hanging out with me lately, you’ve probably noticed I’ve got a thing for citrus- as in, I can’t get enough! It started with key lime curd and later key lime pie cheesecake ice cream. Today we’re relying on lemons to put together the easiest dessert recipe ever, lemon semifreddo.Semifreddos are an Italian frozen dessert made up of frozen cream and a flavorful counterpart. They’re smooth and velvety and lighter on the tongue than typical American ice cream. It’s like a frozen mousse. I added some crisp ginger cookies for texture and the flavor combo was perfect.
You’ll be amazed at how laughably simple it is to put this semifreddo together. My two year old helped and could’ve done most of the work herself, but if you’ve got a toddler, you know how much semifreddo would’ve wound up in her mouth rather than on the serving platter.
- Prepare a standard loaf pan by lining with plastic wrap. You want about a 4 inch overhang on both of the long sides. Sprinkle crushed ginger cookies in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Place lemon curd in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks. Fold ⅓ of the whipped cream into the curd to lighten it up. Gently fold in the remaining cream and pour into the lined loaf pan.
- Pull plastic wrap snugly over the top, encasing the semifreddo and freeze at least 4 hours.
- To serve, tug on plastic wrap to release, and turn semifreddo out onto a serving platter. Slice and serve.
If you’ve got the gadgetry, try more of my favorite ice cream recipes! This is the Cuisinart ice cream maker I’ve got and we use it all the time. You might remember why…
- Creme de Menthe Chip Ice Cream
- Brownie Batter Ice Cream
- Bailey’s Hazelnut Ice Cream
- Truly, Madly, Deeply Chocolate Ice Cream